In our house, guests are treated like
Relaxing Sedation Dentistry
Are you nervous about going to the dentist? You don't need to be nervous about coming to our practice. We offer dental sedation to relax our patients.
Nitrous Laughing Gas
Also known as laughing gas, Nitrous is beneficial in calming a patient's anxiety before a procedure. It is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe.
It is used primarily for its anesthetic and analgesic properties. It is a safe and effective gas that is inhaled by the patient. It is the most commonly used sedation technique in dentistry.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a "hangover".
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Are you extremely anxious about visiting the dentist? We can administer an oral sedative to relax you before performing any restorative dental procedure. Safe and effective, Oral Sedation allows you to remain awake and aware, but your anxiety will be reduced for any dental procedure.
Oral Sedation can also be combined with a light amount of Nitrous Oxide gas to increase your relaxation.
Advantages to patients include:
- Treatment is completed when you are in a more relaxed mood.
- You will have less difficulty sitting through a lengthy procedure.
- Multiple treatments and full mouth restorations can occur at during the same visit.
- Less discomfort after treatment.
Conscious IV Sedation (moderate)
Conscious IV Sedation is also known as "twilight sleep". We are specialty trained to offer this type of sedation. It is particularly good for patients with strong gag reflexes, high dental anxiety or for those patients requiring multi-visit procedures that would prefer for the work to be done in one visit. IV Sedation is also used in most oral surgery procedures and requires more planning on the patient and doctor's part. The patient will be groggy after the procedure and as such, will need a friend or family member to drive them home as well as monitor them for the next few hours.
2419 Roswell Rd.
Marietta, GA 30062
We now accept online payments. Please click below to make a payment on your account. Thank you!